So in the interest of readers getting to know me better, I have decided to attempt this tag that has been floating around in the blogosphere.
- Do you have a specific place for reading?
- Not really! I am able to concentrate while reading a book anywhere! (My mind manages to ignore anything and everything that happens around me, thats bad in a way I guess but I’m not too unhappy about it.
- Bookmarks or random pieces of paper?
- Random pieces of paper definitely! It’s usually a sticky note, or a receipt or some form of paper that resembles a bookmark!
- Can you just stop anywhere or must it be at the end of the chapter?
- Usually at the end of a paragraph, so that I can pick up reading it again easily.
- Do you eat or drink while reading?
- Most of the time!
- Music or TV while reading?
- No, just the book!
- One book at a time or several?
- Depends on the books I’m reading, if they are hardcore literature, then maybe one at a time, but if they are easy reads then maybe two or three (depending on my mood)
- Do you prefer to read at home or elsewhere?
- As mentioned previously, anywhere!
- Read out loudly or silently?
- Silently (in my head)
- Do you read ahead or skip pages?
- I try not to read ahead, but sometimes when the descriptions are way too long and unnecessary I just skip straight to the dialogue. I enjoy fast paced books, when an author spends more than a paragraph describing a table or a chair I become slightly agitated.
- Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
- Breaking the spine (writing that out makes me feel like a criminal!)
- Do you write in your books?
- Sometimes, I have this habit of writing down interesting quotes from the books I read in a separate book – in addition to that I also underline and highlight if there are interesting ideas.
For example, this quote from “The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho” went straight into the quote book, I mentioned earlier, “Your eyes show the strength of your soul”
I would like to tag the following users to take part in this! If you have already, don’t worry about it!
Have a great day!